Sunday 22 February 2009

Willow sketchie







Well I was playing with my promarkers and Daisy rabbit and I curled around a tiny cylinder of card and ended up making a fab little pen top for my promarkers!! I also think they would make great little finger puppets for nursery so might make up a little song tomorrow about five little rabbits who ate carrots all day..... Anyway, I then thought about the Willow sketchie and made a patchwork type backing paper as this weeks Willow sketchie had to involve using some sewing and buttons and started making a little bag to put my pen top in! By this time I reached for some wire and started winding this around my button and came up with a flower! I do like to play and play and play!! I also used a few freebies...the lovely Sally-Anne's backing paper from her blog and a freebie bird from Pink Petticoat. The "Happy birthday "was written by me with the bubble coming with the freebie bird! I really do need to buy some more Willow design stuff though otherwise Daisy and I might become fed up with each other at some point. Not for now though as I feel like Daisy could do with lots more card outings yet!!

9 comments:

Dawny P said...

Wow chick - this is absolutely fabulous xxxx I love all the patchwork and Daisy looks awesome as a pen top (genius touch that!!). I so love your card, and thank you for joining us over at WSC xxxxxx

scrappyjacky said...

It's funny how one thing often leads to another,and a simple idea turns into hours of playing!!!!The card looks great and I love the pen top.

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

This is great Rosie, you have put soo much work into it. I love your stitching and what a great idea to make a pen topper!
Your story sounds like great fun, bet those little ears will love it xx

Unknown said...

this card is lovely rosie, love all the soft colours you have choosen
wendy

sharon said...

Now i may have to make a little pen top for my PM's...;)
Another creative offering this week..I love to see little interesting pieces to look at and I don't know where to look first on this..fab!
You will have plenty to play with soon..sorry..I've had a bit of a week this week...back on track now though..x

Sue said...

oh wow what a fabby card, stunning work, sue.x

Joey said...

Hiya, this is fantastic, so much details, and so pretty. joey.x

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Fabulous Rosie - love your take on the sketch and all your details are amazing...thanks for joining us at WSC...Sally-Ann....xx (oooh - and nice to see the paper!)

Unknown said...

Wow! So many details!

Sunday Greens with a bit of love.

  See  I just love this inkadinkado stamp set and I particularly love this little snowman. This was a quick and easy make, just snippets of ...