Sunday 15 May 2011

A thinking about you card.

What kind of card do you send to a young man who has been diagnosed with cancer? I have battled with this all week. I didn't think a get well soon card was appropriate as we don't know as yet whether he will get better and also his two small children don't know that Daddy is ill. But I wanted to say something. I spent forever digging through my stamp collection sorting and grouping, discarding and at one point despairing. Then I came across this Elzybells stamp and I thought to myself a battle is exactly what he's facing right now and maybe this image is  subtle enough to just say what I can't put into words. I just wish that I didn't have to make this card and I can't stop thinking about my brother's best friend who has always been in our lives. I just hope that he can beat this battle.

4 comments:

Vicky said...

It's perfect Rosie....

hugs Vicky xx

Kathyk said...

I think you've struck the perfect note. Here's hoping that there will be good news for your friend some time soon

Kathyk

lbwright22-loopylou said...

Perfect card for your friend. I'm sure he will appreciate it and your thoughts alot, I'm thinking of him and hoping for the best. x

Suzilou said...

Well that brought a tear to my eye and what a perfect card. A prayer is with your friend and his family xx

Sunday Greens with a bit of love.

  See  I just love this inkadinkado stamp set and I particularly love this little snowman. This was a quick and easy make, just snippets of ...